...and the i's have it!

...and the i's have it!

28 September 2007

Half-baked

Today I am 20 weeks pregnant with Isaac.
It's the big halfway point!
I had to include the picture above... just so everyone knows my 'nesting' doesn't always go like planned. I made a cake for a get together, and I didn't want to mess up the icing by letting foil touch it, so overnight I closed it under the lid of my stove. Needless to say the icing would have faired much better with some aluminum foil!
Here's the 20 weeks belly picture...
Andrea and Emily this is for you:) My finger is in my belly button...the belly button that's getting tighter and tighter everyday! This is so you can see how high/low I'm carrying. I think it's pretty low! "They" say the lower you carry and the taller you are, the slower you are in really showing. I'm not super tall, but not short either, and at the doctor this week I have apparently only gained 500grams...that's 1 pound! (Doctor says that's great and baby is growing wonderfully) So with all those factors, I'm not surprised when most folks say "Cute belly, but you're halfway?!? Your belly is so small!"
Today we ate lunch (at California Pizza Kitchen! YUM!) with some American friends who were getting their 2-week-old baby's passport at the American Embassy. Baby Max is so sweet and it was WONDERFUL to hold a baby boy...it was a little 'baby-fix' until Isaac gets here.

4 comments:

SouthAsiaRocks said...

you definitely look like you're carrying low... your bellybutton is so high up!
You look like such a natural with baby Max :) too cute :) He looks like he likes you :)
That cake disaster is pretty funny... did you eat the frosting off the lid? Right now I totally would :) haha!

Emily said...

I'm with Andrea...that icing looks delicious! :) Okay so you're carrying lower than Andrea, so that blows my boy theory for her out of the water.
And as a side note...first cake, then California Pizza Kitchen?! You're encouraging my junk food cravings. :)

Anthony and Sharon said...

A and E- Yes, we scraped the icing off the lid and put it back on the cake...but it looked so ugly and had been scraped off an oven lid that I felt I had to make another one for the get together. Anthony and I are swimming in chocolate cake right now!

E-Don't let your hopes of JB's boyness sink. At about 21/22 weeks is when Andrea really started 'rising' and 'showing'(go back and look at her blog)...before that, her belly looked a lot like mine. And so far this week, I can tell mine is getting higher as my belly button is getting tighter with more pressure behind it! I'm sticking with the "Jellybean's a boy" camp:)

joelsgirl_Kellie said...

So that is probably the best picture of the new guy we have. ;) Must be your great mothering skills that made him be sweet during lunch. And I still haven't been able to get over how FABULOUS you look! If I looked that good pregnant, I might do it again, but my vanity keeps me in check. I thought I was doing good to only gain 30 pounds this time, lol. It was so good to see you guys!