This week while out in the village we had plenty of downtime to test this theory.
Some of you may laugh at this next part...but it's so fun I have to tell it. I was kinda feeling the baby move one night before bed and Anthony put his hand on my belly to feel it. Almost as a joke, he leaned over and kinda yelled (not too loud... our host family in the next room would think we were crazy). As soon as he sat up we watched my belly and the baby kicked! But not just where you could feel it...you could also see it! We were like "Nuh-UH!" So he leaned over and did it again...and AGAIN the baby kicked back. HAHA! So we tried it a 3rd time and the baby kicked AGAIN! It was so cool...the baby was probably annoyed as all get out, but we were amazed. I would make a video, but I just can't bring myself to put my bare belly on here...maybe later when it can be seen through skin and a tank top I will!
We've heard you can see the baby moving later in pregnancy. But a lot of books/websites say some mom's, especially 1st time mom's, don't feel the kicks until about 18 to 20 weeks. We will always feel that what our kids do is the best ever, but seriously folks, this kid has a leg up (LITERALLY!:) on the whole kicking thing. 17 weeks and not only can I feel it, but Anthony can feel it too, AND we can both see the kicks! Of course, this could mean that by the time I'm to 30 something weeks, he'll be causing major organ damage...but right now we'll just call him "advanced" :)
We've watched it several times since that night...like popcorn explosions under my skin. Always in different places. So fun!
5 comments:
Oh, these are the greatest times!! It's so cool to feel and then see that little one dancing around! Eden was the most active ever- I could literally watch her do flips- elbows poking out, heels pressing on my tummy- it's so crazy, entertaining and awesome! So glad little Rivers is advanced! Did you expect anything else? I mean, come on, look at his/her parents!!
Oh yeah, music is great, but don't forget to start reading to that belly of yours too!!
Well, what can you expect with the two of you as parents...advanced baby for sure!!!! And, well, need i even say it? Just look at the grandparents...no further explanation needed!!!
love, gammalou
PRECIOUS! But of course your kid will be advanced...look at the genes...highly intelligent parents and family members (and as Aunt Gigi, I'm gonna jump in on that one too!)...
I think it's been way too long since you people have been around us... I mean, we appreciate the love and the esteem, but... :)
haha! that's so fun!! I was reading the other day that a baby can kick so hard that they can even break your ribs later in pregnancy! whoa! That freaked me out when I read that (sorry if I freaked you out!) :) haha! That's fun!
Post a Comment