...and the i's have it!

...and the i's have it!

18 January 2008

Prosperous at 36 Weeks

WOW! 36 weeks.
Less than a month to go!
Whoa...I'm at the beginning of my 9th month of pregnancy.
That's just nuts. It's so surreal.
At our appointment this morning, Dr. Chow told us to go ahead and pack the hospital bag.
The secretary from the all-day prenatal class we're taking tomorrow just called to confirm.
Wow.
It's so exciting and unbelievable all at the same time.I've tried to be a healthy eater throughout my pregnancy. I haven't over-eaten or pigged out on bunches of un-healthy foods. We eat at home a lot, so it's easy to control eating healthy. When we're out, it's a bit harder to eat healthy. Local stalls have veggies, but they're usually fried or cooked in oil and all meats are fried usually. Western restaurants are as unhealthy here as they are in the States. But with all the healthy food I eat at home, I don't beat myself up over the occasional fast-food or greasy stall food visit.
Especially now.
Because of these bad boys...
Prosperity Fries.
McDonald's carries them during the New Year Season. I say new year "season" because Jan 1st was the regular calendar new year, last week was the Muslim calendar new year, and Feb 7th-ish is the Chinese New Year. So Mac-D's (what the locals call it) does its best to get in on the new year spirit and offer "Prosperity Meals." The sandwiches and the "Prosperous Red-bean Sundae" I can do without...but man....Prosperity Fries....SOOOOO good. Not sure how prosperous they really make me- or Isaac- but they taste so good!

And another random thing.
We had to wash and dry the newborn diapers a few times before Isaac can use them. So when we washed them at night once, we decided not to use our dryer. This actually worked better than the dryer... fun stuff!

6 comments:

Brandon and April said...

awesome diaper pinwheel! I'm surprised that worked better with your insane humidity levels down there. were those white bg's?

Anthony and Sharon said...

A fan works wonders for line-dried clothes here...and you're right, it doesn't make sense with the humidity:)

Those are actually "Kissaluv's Newborn size 0" diapers. Unlike the bumgenius! they require a diaper cover. But apparently they're great for newborns- they're smaller than the bumgenius, and have a snapdown thing for the umbilical cord. They're way cute and the diaper covers we got are red, blue, light blue, and white...so fun!

SouthAsiaRocks said...

Cool! I can't wait to see the diapers in action :) We haven't been able to use our BG's yet - Aash is too small from them still :) Maybe soon :) I LOVE the fan - that was hilarious!

Those prosperity fries make me hungry!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I'm going to be an aunt soon!! :) You are gorgeous! Ok, back to studying after reading fun blog posts!

Emily said...

Oh these are exciting times! Starting next week, we'll all be on Isaac alert!

Elizabeth Bradley said...

The video is so fun... crazy to think that fun will soon be blowing diapers dry on a regular basis?

I'm thinking that Isaac has less than one month to go. I'm thinking Isaac is coming on Feb.16th - my birthday!