
Baby packages have arrived!
These two were a bit more interesting than just an average delivery.

The first from my (Sharon's) mom was held up at the main post office out at the airport. We're not really sure why. We got a notice in the mail that said we needed to come there or pay one of their agents $15 to do it for us. We put our language hats on and made the trip out there and figured out the system ourselves. We thought it would be more difficult than it was and since we went on a Sunday there was no one there in line except us. We found out that customs won't go through a package without you being there, so that was good news. We even had to cut it open ourselves and then take out everything for the agent to see. It was a woman, so we had fun talking about baby stuff and what-not...she was glad I was having the baby in her country.

The second package was from Anthony's mom. She sent it FedEx. Last Friday I got a call from a FedEx agent...it was a woman with a thick Indian accent. The conversation went something like this...
Agent: Are you Sharon?Me: Yes
Agent: There is a package on its way to you, but we have some questions about it.Me: Ok. Is it from Mary Lou R.?
Agent: Yes. Me: It should be a bunch of baby items. We're having our first baby.
Agent: Yes, it says there are baby things in there, but it also has listed "Mobile." (pronouncing the word "mobile" like "Mo-byle" the way they do here when saying "Mobile Phone")Me: OH! Haha! That should be read "mobile."
(Me pronouncing it like "mo-bull") A mobile is a little thing you put on a crib and it plays music. It's like a toy.
Agent: Oh. Ok. Well, the package should be in country by Monday.Me: Thank you

We're still working on the nursery and will post pics of the finished product soon, so stay tuned!
4 comments:
haah! That's funny - when I first read it - I read it "mo-byle" - haha! I understand her confusion :)
I miss the face that Anthony is making in the first picture...CLASSIC!! Cracks me up every time! Did he intentionally wear that shirt to match the nursery stuff?? Mr. Daddy GQ right there...
LOVE the little rugby shirts!
Wow I'm impressed with how easy it seems your customs office is. Over here, it's a full day process, and many times you still leave empty handed! Glad you got your package easily enough!
And how cute is all that stuff!! Isaac will be looking so smart! (said in your best thick Indian accent imitation)
Post a Comment