...and the i's have it!

...and the i's have it!

31 October 2007

AFTER the doctor's appointments...

So today, Halloween (which drifts by as just another day here), we had another doctor's appointment. All went well. Isaac's heartbeat was great, he is measuring exactly as he should, I even gained a few pounds, and Dr. Chow was as friendly as ever... but that's not the point of this post.

This is.
The Ampang Import Grocery store
1000sq ft of heaven.
It has more of what every western foreigner in this city wants in their pantry than all the huge grocery store chains put together. Ya know those weird little Asian or Foreign stores in the run-down shopping complexes in America that smell funny and carry items where you can't read the labels? This store is the equivalent here... and all the Americans, Europeans, Kiwi's (New Zealand), and Australians in town know where this store is and we shop with delight from the selection of treats imported from all our respective homelands.
Take a gander...
It may not look like much, but trust me, it IS! Eggo's, US Cereal brands, Heinz Shrimp Cocktail sauce, Ruffle's potato chips, Reeces', and even the packets of Hidden Valley Ranch dip that you mix in with sour cream! The aisle's are so smushed together that you can reach out and touch both sides at the same time (I was kinda embarrassed to take the pics that I did, but anyway) What's wonderful and oh-so convenient is that our hospital/doc's office is right near the grocery store. So we treat ourselves on the way home each time.Not sure if we'll keep up the visits to the grocery store once I have to start going to the doctor every week ("Import" does mean price hikes for all the goodies) But tonight the frozen pizza and the Dr. Pepper are tasting great!

7 comments:

Emily said...

I think if I walked into that store, I would stand and stare in awe for about fifteen minutes. I am 100% jealous. :)

Anthony and Sharon said...

HAHA! Yes... I just walk the aisles. It is a VERY dangerous store to have all those "nesting" urges in... when I walk in suddenly I feel as though I won't be a good mother if I don't have "this" or "that"...THEN when you factor in pregnancy cravings...oh man. Anthony has to be on his guard when we go in and watch me closely:)

Anonymous said...

Ha, I know the feeling. Dr. Pepper is always avalible here, but twice as much. Still, you have to treat yourself sometimes!!!

The Agarwals said...

This post is awesome and so is that store!! You guys seriously have some of my favorite things- Cheez Its, a staple in our house, Dr. Pepper- my favorite soda ever and that Betty Crocker Cinnamon Streusel thing- we've made it before- it's soo yummy! I bet it makes you feel so close to home- did they have any O.J. this time around? Oh yeah, by the time those weekly appointments roll around, you might not be as eager to eat it all- by then you'll just be begging, please Isaac, come out!!

SouthAsiaRocks said...

I could so use a Dr. Pepper and some Cheez Its - YUM! I"m jealous :) AWESOME!

joelsgirl_Kellie said...

I'm way jealous!

Brandon and April said...

i'm currently throwing a crying fit of jealousy. Import here means "weird cereals from S. Korea"