...and the i's have it!

...and the i's have it!

10 April 2011

i3 update- 1st trimester done!

So we've been busy and that is the reason for the lack of posts... but its given me a good chance to grow this baby a few more weeks and have something to actually put on here!

I took a belly picture at 12 weeks, but at that point Isaac and Isaiah had better bellies to show... plus I will never bare my actual belly, so if you've wanted to see a bare Rivers baby belly...here's your chance!


Zay's is quite impressive, actually. And it's always tan. Which of course makes it look even better.
And for actual photos of i3. We had an appt at 12.5 weeks and all is going great! i3 was pretty active during the ultrasound and it was cute to watch.  Heart beating at a nice 158 bpm.  No report on gender though at the 12 week appt with Isaac we got to see he was a boy. That's ok. A few more weeks and we'll know! (though this post makes me want all boys!)
Cute little alien huh? :) His/her little hand is up by the face. Like he/she is resting on a pillow on the side.


My favorite image of the day. The one on the right is a hand too, but the one on the left is clearly a better shot. Look at that sweet little fist!
For me tomorrow (Monday) starts the 2nd trimester. I am looking forward to eating and feeling like a normal person for a few weeks before the "eating and feeling like a fat cow" part comes into play.  I tell you though, pregnancy brain lasts all 40 weeks and then some. I make a calendar each month for the fridge. I got all done with it and Anthony enjoyed hanging it up for me quite a bit....
I corrected my mix up and April now seems to be headed in the right direction. Bring on week 14 and the 2nd trimester!

And here are some belly pics from yesterday at 13.5 weeks. The first was at the house with no make up, but the belly looks closest to what I think it is, I have to do the "hair tie through the button hole" thing right now. I am boycotting maternity pants until the 2nd trimester. Just a few more days, but its the principle of the thing.
 The next may not show the belly as much but who cares? Look at that view!
And that folks, pretty much wraps up the first 3+ months of this pregnancy!

9 comments:

Brandon and April said...

You look so great in purple, pregnant or not. The pregnancy purple just adds a nice bling to your pregnancy!! gorgeous!
and sister, I hear you on the hair band thing...but I've got something better. heard of the bella band? Oh it's miracle-ness when it comes to maternity pants. I'm still wearing my regular jeans at 21 weeks, just with the bella band. I've probably got a couple more weeks to go before I'll have to give up on it altogether! but still...it's great!

roger and courtney said...

I second the Bella Band. I wore my regular pants with the bella band until almost the very end when I was pregnant with Jack.

Elizabeth Bradley said...

Super fun pictures! Your boys and their bellies are too cute... and yours is too! So glad you're feeling better, and I must say that I'm way jealous of your pregnant pictures on a tropical island. So, so fun!

marylou said...

oh how i love the belly pics! and sharon, i definitely see I3 letting his/her presence be known (course, i guess I3 has been letting you know for several months)! you look fabulous!

Cara said...

2 words: hot tea...what does that mean?? Oh, I think you know...

Emily said...

Wow I was gonna say how cute you look and how excited I am for you to announce the gender, but now I'm really wondering about that hot tea thing instead...

Cara said...

My dear Beefa...do you know what I meant by hot tea to explain to Emily? If not, I will enlighten you all...just don't think about it too hard...

SouthAsiaRocks said...

yay for the 3rd trimester being done!!!!!! Whoo hoo!!!!

You rOCK!

CAL said...

After seeing your adorable pics at 13 weeks there is no way i am showing my growing belly at ONLY 11 weeks!! I am with you, the brown belly's in my family are way cuter than me in all my whiteness. Thrilled that the first trimester is complete!! oh, and I must know about this bella band??