I was ok with everything just laying there... mommy and daddy thought I looked really cute with my awesome arms and legs and big forehead (there was no getting out of that, they both have big foreheads)...

I didn't really think I was supposed to do anything and then the lady taking my picture (Dr. Chow) started pushing my mommy's tummy with the picture taker thingy. She kept pushing on me and finally I woke up.
So here's me waving at the camera. If you look, you can see my arm up beside my head. I do what makes the people happy... what can I say? My parents thought it was great that I was waving at them, even though I live in my mommy's belly right now and that's just as cool as waving. But anyway...THEN...Dr. Chow moved the camera down to my bum. She SAID she was looking at my femurs (Those are my leg bones) but I think she was just trying to see if I was a boy or a girl.
Go ahead. Click on the picture...if you even have to. All the black around me is the bubble I'm floating in, my head isn't in this picture...and my bum is pointing at you, kinda like I'm laying on the ground with my legs up in the air (my feet are the two little white dots) There's an arrow pointing in case you need help. Dr. Chow wouldn't 'confirm' what I was yet, but she made a tentative guess...what do YOU think she said?
8 comments:
What a cool surprise post! And what an adorable little one in there- big forehead and all! I remember our conversation about all that hair on my kids and the probability of that same occurrence with your little one- can't wait to see if there's a head full of hair! You know, I just read an article in Parenting that actually confirms having indigestion is linked to babies with lots of hair! Hmm... and I wonder will that hair need a bow or a baseball cap? Does the arrow tell it all?! Congrats!
OK, aparently I"m REALLY bad at reading ultrasound pics... I see the aarow... haha - I"m not good at this :) oh well :) Now you have no clue what I"m having :) haha! Congrats!
arranged marriage anyone? even if he does have a big forehead...eden won't care!
OK...I must comment on the "indigestion/hair" comment. I had MAJOR indigestion with Aaron (I had it so bad I would get sick if I didn't take Mylanta) and he was so bald! He finally had a little fuzz on his head by the time he was 1 year old. He didn't actually have hair until he was about a year-and-a-half. Sorry to burst any bubbles, but that's just another one of those things that just isn't always true.
Obviously, I left some gray areas in the indigestion comment!! Confirming was not to imply a 100% absolute, just a link between the two!
Here is my attempt to explain the issue of whether your little one will be a baldy or not! :-) I am sure you are soooo interested! ha!!
According to the August 07 issue of Parenting the question is posed True or False- If you have heartburn, your newborn will have a head full of hair?
The Answer: True and I quote:
"Researchers at John Hopkins University set out to disprove this but were surprised by evidence supporting it! They found that 82% of women with moderate to severe heartburn delivered hairy babies; most women with little or no heartburn ended up with baldies. Makes sense, since the hormones responsible for heartburn also trigger fetal hair growth!"
Well, there you have it- just a little fun trivia...oh and if you are considering arranged marriages- our Eden Grace wouldn't mind either!! :-)
Ok, I'll throw the middle of the road comment in:) I've already got some indigestion, but I wouldn't call it heartburn. Anthony and I both had normal amounts of hair when born, not what you'd call a baldy, but not able to be braided either:) But I didn't grow hair on my head til I was like 3...mama calls it my "brain cancer surgery" look...to me it looked like a baby mullet. But Anthony had long hair by his first year (looked like a girl til his mom cut it). He NOW is not a very hairy man-if you don't count his toe-fros- but I'm a fairly hairy girl. SO this baby has a chance of going either way. Hairy or not, I hope I don't get bad heartburn! I'll pray against the statistics of Johns-Hopkins if my baby IS hairy, and I'll pray I don't have Mrs. Lori's bad luck if it ISN'T hairy:)
I'll start praying for all the little baby Eden Grace's in the world...odds are stacking up in their favor for sure! (Of course, if they end up with the same birthday that might give your Eden a little advantage, plus Indians are more experienced at arranging marriages, but Isaac's more likely to see the other Eden first and fall in love so that'd give her the advantage...OR your Eden could find maybe a Jeremiah? And then the two Eden's would be in the same family!:)
Wow, what a long comment!
Did we just get a hint at a name for Little Rivers in that very long comment?!! And, we could so handle a Jeremiah in our family, that is if he's interested in younger women! :-)
WOW, congratulations! Looks like you beat us to the punch! No kidos in the Sosa house yet, but I look forward to hearing about the always amazing adventures of the Rivers family... certainly the more the merrier will now take effect as life can only get more interesting with one furry or not so furry kritter on the way. I'm going for a girl just cause pink is way too cute to pass up, but my official take on the sonogram is inconclusive as well.
Post a Comment