In my parents' yard there is a small frog pond.It was made by (I'm guessing) the people who built the house originally at the very least 70 years ago (though I think the house is older than that) back in August of 1935.While Isaac and I were outside in the yard yesterday morning I noticed a gazillion tadpoles in the pond. So we of course got a bucket and a cup and scooped some out to look at them. Can you see them in there? Was trying to get a picture of the tadpoles, instead got Isaac's reflection. Thought it was fun:) Then later on that day, Granddaddy needed to get all the cows into one section of the pasture to make it easier to round them up for taking some of them to the market the next day. Which sounds like it could be the start of a fun cowboy rustling story, but really it just means we got in the truck, honked the horn, about 3 cows that were in a different section of pasture automatically walked through the gates into the correct pasture- how my dad gets them trained to do it is beyond me! So here's some cattle-rustling photos.And Zay demonstrating how we all learned to drive! In the pasture of course!
Those pics of Zay driving are the CUTEST pics I've seen in awhile! I absolutely LOVE old houses. Are there any secret tunnels??? Weirdest question ever, I'm sure, but I had a friend growing up who had an old house with a "secret tunnel" from one room to the other, and ever since then, I've been obsessed. I told James that if we ever build a house, I want to make sure we add one in there somehow. I bet that house has lots of good history!
You should keep some of the tadpoles in a bowl in your house and watch them change into frogs. It is a really neat experience. The kids wont enjoy it but the parents will! We did that earlier this year and the kids were super excited every day to see how the tadpoles had changed.
4 comments:
Those pics of Zay driving are the CUTEST pics I've seen in awhile!
I absolutely LOVE old houses. Are there any secret tunnels??? Weirdest question ever, I'm sure, but I had a friend growing up who had an old house with a "secret tunnel" from one room to the other, and ever since then, I've been obsessed. I told James that if we ever build a house, I want to make sure we add one in there somehow. I bet that house has lots of good history!
omg...how fun!
Tadpoles are so fun!!! Great pics! I love it!
You should keep some of the tadpoles in a bowl in your house and watch them change into frogs. It is a really neat experience. The kids wont enjoy it but the parents will! We did that earlier this year and the kids were super excited every day to see how the tadpoles had changed.
Post a Comment