Our friends the Trotts (I babysat Weston and Cohen all semester 'til Kim was out for the summer) were using a family beach house on Anna Maria Island so we went to spend the afternoon and eat dinner - specifically the Mahi-Mahi that Kim, Julia, and I caught on Thursday during our excursion into the Atlantic.
Anna Maria Island is my absolute FAVORITE place to go to the beach. I have tons of memories there as a kid and it was way fun bringing my boys and adding to the memories. I like to imagine that DeSoto and the Spanish Conquistadors had just as much fun "discovering" Anna Maria centuries ago...fewer shops with kitchie magnets, but fun nonetheless.
So how did my baby handle the Gulf of Mexico?
He thought the waves, sand, and general beachness were great. He was definitely processing it seriously (note the eyebrow furrow) but really liked it.
I am going to be really sad if BP ruins this gorgeous place. Isaiah was anxious for me to walk deeper so he could splash in the water. Which he did.
He was NOT thrilled with sand-castle time. Of course him refusing to wear a hat didn't help. Shortly after this picture, we took him back in the water and he was fine again. So yay! My baby likes the beach!!My first born. An experienced beach go-er. First beach in 2008- South China Sea, Second beach 2009- Bali Sea (no post reference because of crazy travel, hospital quarantine, and moving back to America)
And now for the adult portion of the blog post. Warning: Delicious seafood pictures ahead.
The Roberts Family joined us at dinner time and brought the dolphin from our fishing trip. Here's Paul using my new handy-dandy Pampered Chef Grill Basket for the oh-so delish mahi-mahi.









3 comments:
That looks like SO much fun!! I can't believe the Gulf looks so nice over there. Our Gulf looks murky, even when there aren't oil spills or hurricane-ridden areas. Wow. That really IS the perfect summer day ever.
(and your boys? One who brings you flowers and one who has the sweetest chunky thighs...ADORABLE)
I so miss Florida now. :-(
Somehow I've not posted on most of your posts recently... though I remember reading them all. Weird.
Anyway, this post made me smile. I love the beach. Specifically I love Anna Maria Island. And being there with friends makes it all the more fun. So glad that your little ones are beach lovers too. And so fun to think that they get to experience some super cool beaches in the next couple of years!!!
Post a Comment