...and the i's have it!

...and the i's have it!

23 March 2010

An Isaac Post

Sorry for the delay in posting.... here's what Isaac's been up to since mid-February...
A slightly big deal is that he turned TWO! Holy cow I have a 2 year-old!!! He got to ride a horse at Nolan's birthday party (the same day as Isaac's!) and then had his own party in front of Cinderella Castle at Disney World. Good times!How cute is this? :)
Many many times. I mean MANY times if Isaac can manage he makes his way into Isaiah's crib. He climbs up on the changing table and then into the crib. Multiple spankings and multiple "NO!'s" have proven useless. I think he takes after his Mama on some things.
A lot of extra time (that normally could go to blogging) went to decorating my friends' nursery for their daughter... Isaac did his best not to touch the walls...
He's gotten good at holding pencils correctly.
Couple trips to Disney mixed in... We still can't get over how much fun we've had there. Here are Isaac and I at the "Grand Prix."
He's gotten better at eating by himself...
This is his first Easter in the states. We went to an Easter party a good friend of ours threw (Love you Miss Candi!) There was a donkey and palm fronds to re-enact the triumphal entry of Jesus into Jerusalem the week before he was crucified. We missed the story :( but still got a picture with the donkey!
Easter egg hunting was a bit of a cultural conundrum for Isaac and he was a tad apprehensive at first...but Daddy was a big help and before too long he had it all figured out!
He loves swinging! He says "Mem sing!" which means "More Swing!"
He got sick this past weekend so to pass the time while everyone else was at church I gave him some coloring books and he was fine til we all got home. Kidding. Just seeing if yall are paying attention! Mommy and Isaac stayed home and filled the (newly spray painted) birdfeeder. Isaac is also an expert at saying "Tweet Tweet!" for what a bird says. Very cute. Afterwards there was nothing better to do than snuggling up and taking a nap on Mama. That was my favorite part for sure!

Isaac is also a big fan of cheese. Last night while making grilled cheese, I looked over and Isaac had yoinked the cheese I was about to use. The little stinker.
So that's Isaac lately. He's getting bigger everyday and communicates so well these days...I was nervous about the terrible two's but really it's been better and more calm than the terrible 22 month old's were!:) As long as he's had a nap and has a full tummy, we're good to go!

2 comments:

marylou said...

what a little boy he is! i always loved the snuggling.....

Emily said...

You're so right! The 15 and 22 months have been the worst so far. My sil tells me that the 3s are by far the worst, though, darn it. We haven't escaped it yet.
I have no idea why I didn't teach Hazel "tweet tweet" instead of "caw! caw!" (like my exclamation points? ha) So now any time we're out and she sees a bird she yells, "Caca!" which Houston being a majority Spanish speaking city, she's quite an attention getter with that.
Anyway, Happy Birthday to Isaac! He looks identical to you. (in a boyish way, of course!)