...and the i's have it!

...and the i's have it!

30 July 2008

Teething!

"Cutting" teeth is such an appropriate term for this exciting new phase of infancy.

Babies don't "grow" in their teeth, like some sweet flower springing up out of the ground making the world a better place.

Babies don't "get" their teeth either. I "get" groceries, "get" on the internet, and "get" presents at Christmas.

Cutting is definitely the best way to put it. As those razor sharp bad boys emerge like a roaring volcano out of the ocean floor, my pleasant afternoons with my adorable son are "cut" short. And after dealing with the hot-lava-like crying from my son (the pic above is mid-scream in case you can't tell), I'm more likely to make cutting remarks to my sweet husband. Seriously.

What a fantastic way of putting it. Cutting.

I took the above picture a couple days ago. His gums are now puffier, redder. When I rub Orregel on them the little teeth-nubs come close to slicing through my finger. And he's now learning that the cold rag is his teething friend...it just takes some coaxing.

I know some of you ladies are wondering.
But no, he hasn't bitten me while nursing yet... but listen closely and you might be able to hear me scream in America if you're paying attention.

"Was that a jet overhead?" someone may ask you.
"No, Isaac is teething and Sharon is probably nursing him right now." Will be your response.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aunt Gigi loved the description of "teething". Although I'm no Pediatrics expert, it sounds like you have it down :) Wish I could be there to help - but I promise to help take care of those precious teeth later on!

SouthAsiaRocks said...

yeah... teething is sooo fun :)

Aashini doesn't like teething :) Hazel's teeth just popped through and Emily woke up one day and saw she had teeth! No fair :) haha!

Emily said...

Yes, it's true...Hazel merely "got" her teeth, no cutting here. But in my defense, I'm still nursing my bottle-rejecting baby and her teeth are sharp. Very very sharp.

A couple times I used diluted clove oil on Hazel's gums. Worked pretty well. Much better than UN-diluted clove oil. But what idiot would put undiluted clove oil on their babies gums, not once, but twice? Certainly no one I know...

Brandon and April said...

hehe...funny post.
poor isaac. eden totally feels his pain. she's currently on her sixth cutting and it's not any better. but at least it's socially acceptable for babies to gnaw on anything they can get their hands on. :)