
We've started our little miniman on solid foods!
He's done great. We took pictures of the first venture, but he's gotten better and better at it every time. I've also made the rice cereal less soupy now so its less messy.


I must ask folks with kids out there... Ok, so I've been told 2 things happen often when starting solids. 1) Poop smells worse and 2) Babies tend to sleep longer. We feed him solids twice a day, once in the morning and once at night about 30 min-1 hour before bedtime. I still nurse him after he eats, but there has been no change in how long he sleeps! I was looking forward to it! He still goes for about a 5 hour stretch, so its not too bad, but I was hoping to add a couple more hours. What was your experience? And the poop thing. I can't say it ever smelled great, but it hasn't knocked us out as we open his diapers up.

Yes, it's a lightsaber spoon. We got it out of a cereal box a couple years ago. We have 4. Two glow red and the other 2 blue. Except the blue ones are kinda dying.

I thought this one was funny! How do you really feel about solid foods there Isaac? haha!
6 comments:
OMG - What are you teaching that child! ha ha
Well, I guess if this is the 'first food' that baby is telling you just what they think of holding back the grubbage!
Take Care,
Karen
haha! That last pic is hilarious!
Well, when we started food, Aashini started sleeping 7 hour stretches... so it helped us...
The poop thing really didn't change much (depends on the type of food we feed her... green beans can be stinky)... but let me tell you! I usually make all of our baby food (its about $5-8 a jar here) but when we were in Thailand I had to buy the babyfood jars... now THAT poop stunk!! Even the food stank (not just the poop it produced)... I guess it's all the preservatives and add-ins they put in the food... not sure... but that poop was nasty... so I'm not planning on using that baby food unless I absolutely have to - it was gross and stinky :)
LOVE that food face! HOWEVER, we're going to have to work on his sign language!
Ok...killin me!! It's like a little Grant Mills all over...make him stop!!
The more and more Hazel eats food, the more her poop stinks. At first, it didn't change whatsoever. The baby food I've been buying is preservative free and organic, so it was fine...and then...we introduced meats. Dun dun dun. The stink, the goop, the gas have hit an all time high.
As far as sleeping goes, Hazel didn't start sleeping longer after eating foods, except now that she's eating meat and more filling meals, she's sleeping longer. I have no clue if it's correlated or not. I can say this, it is really fun trying out foods on the babies. I love to see what she likes and what she doesn't like.
I'll agree with all the other moms, the varieties of cereal, rice, oat, barley, etc. never really changed the diapers or the sleeping all that much. But when you move to the veggies and the fruits, you'll notice a big difference!One piece of advice we were given regarding the introduction was to start with veggies first, so they acquire a taste for them before the sweet fruits. Not sure if it makes all the big of a difference, but it worked for our kids. Hope Isaac starts resting a little more! :-)
Post a Comment