...and the i's have it!

...and the i's have it!

05 March 2008

Guests...

Our baby is 2 weeks old today!
Isaac had a few guests drop by the house. And by "Drop By" I literally mean that... it's not part of the culture to call before you come by, so it's been interesting anticipating when folks might come by. Try as I may though, our landlord's family came by as well as our neighbor's Aunt and her kids...all at the same time! Anthony was out at the moment, and what was I doing at the time? That's right...napping. Nothing like a neighbor opening your door while you're zonked out in the living room...good times. It's interesting the world over, the women can't wait to get their hands on a new baby and the men either don't come or are relatively uninterested. Some things just fit in the "universal" culture category:)

It was funny, my neighbor and her Aunt told me I shouldn't hold Isaac too much because he'll get spoiled (because he was sleeping on my chest when they came in)...but then my landlord's mother-in-law told us we shouldn't lay him down too much or his head would get flat.

Isaac handled all his visitors with class. He didn't cry once!

And here are a few random pics because we know that's why you visit the blog...
Here's Isaac in his Tele-tubby outfit...thanks "Fun Aunt Lisa!"
And I wore regular pants to the doctor on Monday! Woohoo!

6 comments:

Emily said...

You look fantastic!! Woo-hoo!
Our neighbors and friends all came by unannounced as well. At the time, it stressed me out a lot for some reason! Sounds like you handled it a lot better than me. :)

Anonymous said...

He's pretty much the best-looking baby I've ever seen. And I'm not biased AT ALL! And girl, I saw you holdin your baby boy and you be looking SO FINE! Shoot...

SouthAsiaRocks said...

I"m with Emily - the unexpected guests stressed me out :) I love his little outfit!! So cute!!

Heather Diaz said...

Wait til the third kid and you'll be stressed when the "normal" pants still don't fit after 3 months!! Still, ya look good! I had some people pop by in the states as well despite our culture! It was great when I was on my third baby and the kids had the house demolished by 10 am!! LOL!!! Hi, welcome to my wrecked house:) At least in the states they know to feel really guilty about not calling first:)

Just three weeks to the day!!!

Indolisa said...

Hey! Thanks for the shout out to Fun Aunt Lisa!! :) He looks so cute and you look amazing for having a C section two weeks ago. Yowza!!

The Agarwals said...

Awesome pics- I love all the unannounced guests. Leave it to you to handle it like a pro! Isaac is getting cuter by the minute! I love his precious cheeks and his hair rocks! Oh speaking of rocks, you do too! I can't believe how amazing you look after just having had a baby! Congrats girl! That's another achievement all in itself!