...and the i's have it!

...and the i's have it!

20 March 2012

Sidewalk Chalk

Sometimes people in America ask us what they can send us and I ALWAYS forget about sidewalk chalk. I can't find it here and though Pinterest is doing it's best to keep my homemaking wheels greased by having homemade sidewalk chalk paint...cornstarch -necessary for that pinterest gem- isn't easy to find either.
But Pinterest can't hold a candle to my Mama and her 40 gazillion years as a 1st grade teacher and the experience with "mess" and such that her job has brought her. She sent sidewalk chalk. We used it all up in a day and a half. It only took these Crazies that long to finish it off because they had to go to sleep at night and I forbid Isaiah to eat any of it. Y'all think I'm joking.

The biggest of my Mini-men and I set out to make a bike road. And boy howdy did we make one. I am so glad we searched hard for an "end-house" this go-round so my kids could have space to play like this.

Knuckle-dimples.
Its like his hands are the only thing listening to my requests to never get big.





Hope your Spring is springing into life!

3 comments:

Brandon and April said...

ohhhhhhhhh that green grass. I may just have to roll around in it and let my children get grass stains just for the heck of it...so they'll know that there's grass on this planet that actually does that. can't wait!!

janice said...

I'll try to get the boys AND you some more chalk!! Have a great "Spring"!!

Craig and Angie said...

We bought regular chalk board chalk at Harris and it works great! I think Caleb brought some over to your house one day...but he may have hid it! We have more over here if you need some.