...and the i's have it!

...and the i's have it!

06 March 2012

Goats of a feather...

"B" our neighbor, friend, playmate, & "so glad you're here to entertain the boys while I cook dinner" helper has been learning to ride and care for horses this year. She had a show at a local, um, well, I don't know what you call them, um, "Stables?" meh, it's more than that... "Horse Riding Center" nah, that doesn't sound snooty enough, "Equestrian Lodge." Better, but needs more refinement....um... Equestrian Club...we'll go with that. It has exclusivity in its tone.


The Grounds
It IS Asia. And just because you pay a lot to "board" your horse at the stables, it doesn't change the fact that English is STILL a second language to most.
Yay B!
Anyway. It was her first show. She did great (so I hear, we couldn't make it) and so when it was time to hand out the awards the next day - which she won 2!!- we were TOTALLY late. Or rather, they moved up the awards ceremony an hour, never called, and we missed it. Pretty lame for such an exclusive snooty club...agreed? We demanded that B get her medals anyway. Sort of. We more looked confused and a tad angry. They apologized.  Though I have a feeling if we had British accents the apology would have been more sincere. They gave B her medals in her own private ceremony then she showed us around the stables.  We are super proud of her and glad we got to see her get her medals...AND we didn't even have to sit through all the people we didn't know getting theirs. Bonus!

All horses aside, there was a goat in the stables and Isaiah was in heaven. He probably sensed a kindred spirit in that both of them will eat just about anything.

1 comment:

Aygee said...

"all horses shot" hahaha, I love it! And Zay's giggles feeding that goat cracks me up!