...and the i's have it!

...and the i's have it!

20 February 2012

1, 2, 3, 4...


 Despite the rain that came right at 4pm as the big bash started, Isaac's party was a blast nonetheless!

Also, just so you know that I know how much yellow backdrop you're about to see. I'm just gonna go ahead and not-apologize now for all the "photobooth" photos in this post. It was the one "activity" that didn't get spoiled by the rain...and folks had fun with it!






If you have kids, I highly recommend having a neighbor who can crank out cakes and cupcakes like this.  The ".com" on the cake is because "Air Asia" is the most popular discount airlines in Asia and it's based in our capital...on every plane is written "www.AirAsia.com"
Insert said talented cake-making neighbor. I mean...SERIOUSLY talented.
Do you know how hard it is to fake a South African accent? I could talk to our friend on the left all night and still couldn't pull it off.
WiWi. (yes, I giggle every time) Isaac's best friend from school.


Not sure why this is out of order...but Isaac's "Airplane Birthday" needed airplanes. It was so peaceful after everyone left and the balloon clouds looked extra festive with the lights on...I just had to leave them up for Isaac's actual birthday today. :)
Still plenty of cute, even if the cake hadn't have looked phenomenal.

It's hard not to purse your lips with the mustache. Really.
Eventually the (western) dads and kids ended up in the yard barefoot, wet, and muddy playing with the kids.
 When we asked him what his favorite part was, he said "My airplane cake." Can you blame him? And, to top off the birthday rain-mud-heat madness we had 8 families come celebrate with us...19 kids! How could it not be fun with that much mayhem and foolishness? We'll eventually edit his birthday video...but oh how FUN it was to watch our big boy blow out his birthday candles this year. It was the first year he truly understood and was anticipating his birthday. What JOY and LAUGHTER he has added to our lives! Happy Birthday Isaac!

4 comments:

marylou said...

what wonderful pics...some made me laugh out loud! especially zay with the moustache...like he got right into character! that cake definitely looks fabulous...wish i was there! happy birthday isaac!!!

p.s....looking forward to the video :)

Aunt Heather said...

1. I want an awesome cake-making neighbor.

2. You can never have too many photobooth photos. never.

3. The bigger they get, the more I cry when I look at your pictures.

4. Your picture with Isaiah. love.

5. Anthony's picture. Hilarious.

6. I also want a friend who speaks South African so I can practice. Side note: I used to have one, and would drive Zach crazy trying to do impressions, then she moved back to South Africa- not to Zach's pleasure, but he was glad that I stopped trying to do the impression.

7. I hope you guys get to come home during a February so that we can celebrate with one ginormous party. Fancy cake, photo booth, barefeet-backyard-football. Yes, please.

8. Immanuelle is my favorite neice. Don't tell anybody.

The End.

Emily said...

The photo booth pics are awesome! I think I want to make one in my house for anytime a guest comes over, that's how fun it looks. :)

Aunt Cara said...

Can we do the photo booth when I get there just cuz?? I also LOL'd... many times.