...and the i's have it!

...and the i's have it!

08 November 2011

Isaiah the Destructonator

Isaiah's take on "naptime."
 My middle child. The messy one. The one who says "Thank you" unprompted 1000 times better than his older brother and who creates destruction and messiness in his wake in what feels like at all times.  And it's not just things that are messy. He can make a mess out of things that are not messy. There's the sucking the toothpaste out of tube, the stopping the sink-turning the water on-then leaving, the thing he did with his toothbrush in the shower (ew), the yogurt hands that one day, and breaking the blue-ray player by somehow only mashing buttons... it's a wonder he stays alive AND the laundry gets done!

Here's an example of an hour of the day with Isaiah:
* While making applesauce, Kaylee and I had all the "apple stuff" at the table. Both of us peeling, coring, and chopping apples. I hear Kaylee say, "Zayah, no. Get the apples out of your shirt." I look over and he's grabbed a handful of apple slices put them down his shirt. He was rubbing them all over his chest.  I'll leave you to wonder if we put those apples in the sauce.  Both of us right there with him and he still managed to do that. Quickly and efficiently destructinating (our Phineas & Ferb term for him)

* 20 minutes after the apple rubbing incident, I was in the kitchen and asked him to help me put brown sugar in the food processor. In the 20 seconds that I looked away, he had opened the brown sugar container, gotten a medicine syringe (no needle, just the plastic part!) taken it apart and dumped it in the brown sugar. Where did he even get that from? And why put it in brown sugar? How did he do it so quietly? I'll leave you to wonder if the syringed brown sugar got used in the applesauce.

* After getting down from helping with the applesauce he asked for a piece of ice. "Peece Ice peese." He took the ice, and then (in the cutest 2 year old way) put the ice in his pocket.  I watched him do it, then watched his face as his leg turned cold and he realized he wanted it out. So I helped him get it out of his pocket. Oh my that one.



My Middle-man is a true joy and the essence of "all boy." But don't take your eyes off him for a second!

6 comments:

Brandon and April said...

Love that boy so much and I haven't even met him yet!! Can't wait to though!!

Emily said...

I love that first picture!!

Martha said...

That first picture is an award winner! Love this post.

Brad, Sara, Elijah, Anna and Jacob said...

He is totally related to Anna!

janice said...

LOVE HIM!!! I would frame and hang that first picture!

Aunt Heather said...

Hahahahahahahahaha!! The funny-ness of this picture is epic. Laughed so hard I think I peed a little. Law, that is FUNNY!!