...and the i's have it!

...and the i's have it!

21 October 2011

week #1 with i #3

We are home and doing great and Immanuelle is proving to be the best of the Rivers' newborns so far.
 Hope you enjoy these pics as much as we enjoyed our first week with our baby girl!
Her brothers are SO glad she is out. Isaiah in particular has given her more kisses than anyone (even Mama and Daddy!) this week. He is enamored!
Isaac is ready for her to be a big girl...and has offered her food off his plate and to put shoes on her so she can walk. Every morning they both greet her with an excited, "Hey Immanuelle!"
I like this one. She's happy. She looks kinda like me (Sharon) and she's displaying one of the awesome swaddle blankets Aunt April sent!
I was prepared for it this time... here they NEVER ask for the baby's name while we're in the hospital. "D/O Sharon" or "Daughter of Sharon" is all her little elephant says. Isaac's said "S/O Sharon" :)
Hospital guests... "Aunt Angie's House" (all of them) made a special trip to the capital just to see her! (and maaaybe to stop by the import grocery store nearby the hospital)
This one cracks me up. My former language tutor brought out the best in Immanuelle (I actually think she's about to sneeze in this one)
My oldest friend here. This picture doesn't show her cute 5 month prego belly. They found out this week they're having a girl too!
I love how they swaddle babies in the hospital here...they look like the nesting/stackable Matryoshka dolls from Russia.
The view from our room to downtown. Immanuelle's brothers were much more interested in seeing the "two tall towers and a bridge" than Sister was.
Home again home again jiggity jig. That sweet baby proved just how awesome she was by not crying ONCE on the 3.5 hour drive home. She slept the whole way except for when she woke up to eat...when we stopped to eat. So considerate I tell ya!
Too sweet!
This was my view most of her first week (and will be for the next few months!) Nothing like a happy satisfied breastfed baby!
At her "one week" mark (Wednesday) we headed back to the capital for a check-up and to take Grandmama and Granddaddy back to the airport. And we, of course, ate at Chili's.
Our pediatrician was more than pleased (even surprised!) at her weight gain and perfectly healthy baby-ness:) My heart has been so full of thanks this week for the health of my children. It's nothing I, or they, deserve, and yet our gracious God pours it out on us.  Even if He didn't, he'd still be worthy of all our praise! Thank you God!!!
And here is the best attempt at a "Family of 5" photo.

5 comments:

Daddy said...

Umm... the link from our blog to this one says "Our Boys' Blog." I suppose we should change that.

What an awesome little girl we have.

Lauren K. said...

She's beautiful! (and does look a lot like you Sharon!). So glad you all had a great week. I've never been so thankful for health before finding out we're having a baby! Its something we can take for granted, but are so blessed to have! :)

Natalie said...

She is gorgeous!!! Congrats Rivers Family!!!

Emily said...

Oh she is PRECIOUS! I sure love newborns and their squishy sweetness.

Danielle said...

Precious! I have been waiting for this update! Sharon, I think she looks like you too! What an adorable family! Love you guys!