...and the i's have it!

...and the i's have it!

28 December 2010

Isaiah's First Wedding (here)

An old friend of mine got married on Christmas weekend.  We drove down to the capital city for a very festive holiday weekend. The post below shows some of the fun we had with American friends, but the weekend also included Isaiah's first local wedding.  What's even more fun is that Isaac's first (ever) wedding was my friend's older brother... at the same house..if you click on that link you'll notice my friend and her (now) husband in some of the shots. Good times. Our camera battery was still dead during all of this so please enjoy what we do have of the celebration. (I'm working on putting together a video, but wanted to get this up in case it never happened!)

 My friend's dad's name is "Zainal" but people call him "Zay"... here's Grandpa Zay meeting Little Zay.

And here's Isaac. He did a lot of running around and we even lost him briefly in the crowd once. But he just played right along with the other kids there (and wanted to eat all the sweets they were handing out to the kids there).  The girl in the foreground is actually a girl I met the same time I met the bride... last time I saw her was at my friend's brother's wedding too! I got to sit and chat with her and another girl I met back in 2004 for a little while...it was quite the reunion!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Probably one of the things I miss most about Asia is the festivals and weddings. Party hard for me! :)