...and the i's have it!

...and the i's have it!

11 November 2008

A Week with Isaac

Isaac has been such a treat this week (today we finally got air cons and a water heater installed! WOOHOO! that has nothing to do with Isaac, but I’m waaayy excited)

It’s so neat to watch a little person develop and show you their many sides
So here are some moments with Isaac and a few of his sides this week…

As a first child, he knows how to play by himself.
That morning we slept in a bit (I will NEVER claim to parent perfectly…this is also hopefully encouraging to my friend Candi with whom I discussed multiple times how we might mess-up mothering because of our fondness for hitting the snooze-bar… this is what happens Candi! We survived…AND got good pictures.)
Anyway.
This picture is also a good example of the fact that our son does NOT put anything in his mouth. All those warnings about small toys, small parts of toys, plastic bags, supervision when giving finger foods, etc.

Not applicable to Isaac.

He’ll bite the couch, and eat food that’s spooned into his mouth or put there by his parents’ fingers, but he does not put it in himself. I think he’s missing some sort of developmental milestone, but oh well. You won’t see me fishing woodchips out of his mouth at the playground…or, as it were, worrying that he might choke on raisins that he pulled meticulously out of the bread while I sleep for a few more minutes. Not Isaac.

Next picture…Rambutan. A common fruit here. This is a yellow one. They’re sweeter than the red ones.
We didn’t feed him any rambutan (or even try to put it up to his mouth) but he thought they were cool enough.

Ok, language lesson. (Have I done this one already?)
In case you missed it or I never put it on here.
Rambutan…
“Rambut” means “Hair”
“Hutan” means “Jungle”
Rambutan (the combo of the two) means “Jungle Hair” …doesn’t it look like someone’s hair if they lived in the jungle?

In that same language vein…
“Orang” means “Person” or “People”
“Hutan” means “Jungle:
Orangutan means “Jungle Person” (makes sense huh?)
When we get back to the states, we’ll try an attempt to teach you all how to properly say it.

Here’s the next one.Isaac loves to drink water. He loves his sippy cup too, but here he is getting water from Mama’s straw at Subway. (the mall we get all our “Original copy” dvd’s from has a Subway!)

Funny Kid.

And here’s the last couple pics. I was trying to get a picture of the two of us and had the camera on the seat of the couch (Isaac is standing, I’m sitting on the floor…just to explain the perspective a bit).I wish I were smiling more in this pic!
He leaned over to give me a kiss and I knew it could be a cute pic if I could just hit the button…my expression most certainly doesn’t match my heart! ☺

After the kiss he squatted down to bite the couch (I’m not worried about him accidentally swallowing it) It’s not the best quality picture…and I look a bit insane. But I thought it was fun.
And now lastly a video of our clever little boy. Sorry the video is not stable…I was leaning over to pick up the ball and trying to film. This video is a shout-out to Eden C. who has this toy too…and loves it too from what I hear.

That’s some of our boy…and a few extras about the world over here we occupy.
We’re hoping to go to the public pool soon…stay tuned!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is tooo cute, and it makes Granddaddy and I want to begin our journey over there right now!!! We will not comment about the lack of supervision! :0 Oh, and I bought him lots of finger foods today!

SouthAsiaRocks said...

That's great he doesn't eat eveyrthing! Aashini eats everything! She's getting better though ;)

That's funny that he pulled out all of the raisins! How cute!

Emily said...

Hazel REALLY liked the video! Every time you said "Yea!" she clapped and looked at me and grinned. I think she's happy for Isaac's smartness. :)

Brandon and April said...

TRULY a smart kid. Eden didn't figure out that toy until just recently! We'll chalk it up to Isaac's stunning basketball skills. Do I see a future NBA star?!
Also, Eden would have eaten every raisin. Every slice of bread. The plastic bag. AND part of the alum foil. yes, I'm that parent digging wood shavings out of her mouth on the playground. :)

marylou said...

aaahhh that video is too cute...think i enjoyed hearing you sharon almost as much as seeing isaac put the ball in the toy and that smile on his face. and his little kiss...i want one!!!!

Heather Diaz said...

I miss him SSOOOOOO much! He is getting so much fun and his personality is starting to blossom! I can't wait to hold him again, but by the time I'm able he'll be a walker and not want to be held as much:( I will have to live vicariously through mama and daddy for a couple weeks in December!