...and the i's have it!

...and the i's have it!

09 April 2008

10 things about me @ 7 weeks old...

Ok, so there are some things I've figured out since being born just a mere 7 weeks ago...
Lets get the things I don't like out of the way...
First. My car seat.
Who invented these things? If you've never sat in one, hopefully you'll never have to. They're awful. Trust me. Sometimes Mama can get me to fall asleep or be good but most of the time this is me in my carseat...

Second thing is (you'll notice in the video as well) I don't like pacifiers. Does everyone know there's no susu in those things? That's just dumb, because I LOVE susu and pacifiers are a waste of time. Plus they're hard to work.

(Isaac's mom here interjecting... he has only ever heard the bahasa word for "milk" and that's "susu." Just letting you know in case he ever asks you for some and you have no idea what he's talking about)

Third thing... and now we're to the good things I've learned.
I LOVE susu. There are no pictures because my mom says you can't take pictures when I'm eating the susu, but trust me... susu is way yummy.

Fourth thing. I have blue eyes. Mama doesn't think they're going to stay blue, but for right now everytime people here see me, they say I have blue eyes. So that's that.
Fifth thing is my bee. My Aunt Heather brought it with her when she came to see me last week and I love my bee. There are these neat things that hang down off of it and sometimes I grab them. There's also mini-bees that hang down too and I can hit those with my hands and feet. They make noise. I really like my bee.
The 6th, 7th, and 8th thing belong together. I love my sling, and I love when my daddy puts me in the sling and walks up and down the stairs. The stairs bounce me just right and that makes me love my sling even more. Also when I'm in my sling, it makes it easier for me to suck on my fingers and hands. After a long hard day, the sling, stairs, and my fingers take the edge off like nothing else...uh...except susu.
The ninth thing is my hair. I have curly hair. I know this because Mama keeps saying over and over she's so thankful to God for giving me curly hair. And also when people see me, after they say I have blue eyes they touch my head and say I have curly hair. I catch on fast.
The 10th thing is my bath. Man. Baths are awesome. No lie, a couple times I've even peed because...well I'm not sure why, but I did and I love baths. Here's a video. I was red-faced and crying just before Mama put me in... it makes me feel happy almost as fast as susu. Almost.



So those are 10 things about me. Hope you liked it!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know I've said this a million times, but he's SO STINKIN CUTE!! Aunt Gigi loves Isaac...can't wait to hold him...at some point...

Emily said...

Oh I LOVE those curls! How cute!

Brandon and April said...

can I just say that we so know a word in bahasa now! The milk we can buy here says, "Susu Segar" all over it and so that's what we call it..."can you please pass the susu segar?" anyhow, now we know where that comes from!
LOVE the little noise he makes in the bathtub. he's all coo-ing and stuff. so cute. and yes, the curly hair is ADORABLE!
sorry about those car seats. is that a law there?

Anthony and Sharon said...

That's hilarious! Is it "Dutch Lady" brand or another one that's like in a dark blue and white carton? We totally buy Dutch Lady susu segar...its the closest thing to real milk. Oh, and "segar" means "fresh" and you pronounce it like "cigar." (in case yall haven't been saying it right:)

The carseat is only law in our car. People use them here sometimes, but mostly it's just kids hopping all around in the car while riding. We've even seen several sitting in the driver's lap. Which, coincidently, when Britney Spears caught flack for driving with her kid in her lap, everyone here was like, "Whats the big deal?" :)

SouthAsiaRocks said...

I LOVE the curly hair! How cute!! I hope Aashini has curly hair! That's funny that he doesn't like his car seat...I wonder why?
Just a little FYI... the Hindi word for milk is pronounced "DUDE" - haha!
Loved the blog post - what a cutie!

The Agarwals said...

Ok, the first video was almost to much for me to bear!! That sweet little newborn cry was breaking my heart and the refusal of the paci took me back to when Collin was that age! I wanted him to use it so badly, but he wouldn't budge! He couldn't stand it!
The curls are awesome! I can't wait to see how precious they are as he gets older and more come in! That is one serious answered prayer!!
Oh, and the bath video! That size tub is awesome! My kids used to splash so much, the water would just go everywhere! It would have been great to have one that deep... and kuddos for the wash cloth placement! You do think of everything!!
He's getting so big and cuter by the moment! Thanks for sharing these 10 awesome things!

chrisa4357 said...

Cadence hated the carseat for a long time too. She screamed from the moment we put her in it at the hospital then most of the moments she was in it for the first year of her life. It does get better though so hang in there. She now loves the carseat and wants to go "bye-bye" all the time.