...and the i's have it!

...and the i's have it!

13 August 2012

*Ahem* A blogpost....


If you scan through blogpost dates, I'm sure 0.00 of you would believe that I actually LIKE blogging.

But it's true. I do. I like to think that the 30 or so (ok, lets be honest, 5) of you who read my blogs have it in the morning queue of online scheduled stops and it's just after Facebook and CNN. (or BBC if you read the word "queue" and know what it means and know how to prounounce it. Anyone else enjoy the British flavor of the Olympics?)

So even though it's time for Immanuelle's "oh gracious how did she get so big so fast?" monthly photo-op, I'm gonna save that part for last and actually update you on my other two wee ones first. Let's just do it simple-like and stick with birth order.

Isaac:
My adventure-seeker.
He LOVES exploring. He gets out front, calls others to follow, and convinces them to do what he's doing...even if it's hunting caterpillars for the 75th day in a row or that it WOULD be fun to climb through slimy slippery rocks and stand in the freezing water fall.  

He is sensitive to criticism but gets slap ate-up with confidence when he's given verbal praise. He is learning to read and impresses me daily with his smarts and his funny.  And just like his Mama before him, it's going to take quite a few spankings to get that smart mouth under control.
Every stinking time I put his yellow and gray tshirt on him I think, "Why in the WORLD haven't I bought you more gray things to wear?" His eyes are just the most fantastic blue-gray... I think my next stop after this blogpost will be Oldnavy.com....they've probably got something gray for him to wear.

Isaiah:
If I hadn't been told there was Caribbean blood in him I would have guessed it by now.  He holds hands, sits on laps, and gives kisses like no rastafarian singing, "One Love!" has ever done before him.
He melts and I mean MELTS when corrected.  I mean when he's not even in trouble he melts. "Isaiah, here, let Mama help you hold your pencil."- Melts. He is one with the people and when he's singled out it doesn't bode well. He's a challenge for sure as I come from a family where there hasn't been a wallflower in the bunch for at least 4 generations. "His kindness leads us to repentance" is taking discipline right down to its bare-bones with this one.


But man oh man. Those snuggles. Those adorable feet. That dangerous quiet that sets over a room when he's doing something naughty. Those tears that have flown down crocodile-big since I first saw him at 4 days old.  Every brown inch is loved.

Immanuelle:
Our Bird. She is 10 months old and hasn't looked back. Homebird crawls around with a rag in her hand these days. Soon she'll probably be walking around with a rag in her hand. She talks and talks and talks. Her eyes are brown. Not brown like Zayah's. Brown like almost green, brown.



I don't know if it's her general easiness or if maybe me the "veteran mom" might have actually learnt me a thing or two since Numero Uno cried through the night... but our Ellie Bird is quite the on-schedule Bird. She eats, takes naps, sleeps, poops, and starts whining at 5pm for food like a coo-coo-clock.


Her hair is getting longer and every strand that emerges curls right on up. I have yet to buy her a baby doll as she seems well contented with all her big brothers' toys....though Legoland opens next month in our city and we plan to stock-up on as many pink and purple Legos as are necessary.



2 comments:

Brandon and April said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this post. Your sweet kiddos oh my. It's only been 2 months since I snuggled them, but I can't wait to do it again!
and... you got new pillows!! I love seeing pictures of your house now that I've been there. Seems so much closer to me. :)

marylou said...

is that vanilla ice cream on ms elliebird's face? the pic with the white hairband? so gosh darn cute!