...and the i's have it!

...and the i's have it!

03 January 2012

Two Tall Towers & a Bridge

 I finally got around to making the boys' growth charts this week. Our fair capital city has a couple of the coolest, tallest buildings in the world. (4th tallest after Dubai, Shanghai, & Taipei).  There's a possibility you've seen them on our blogs a few dozen times!  I couldn't think of a more fun way to chart my two growing boys than with their favorite buildings... everytime we're in the capital they point the towers out as soon as they can see them, "Two tall towers and a bridge! Two tall towers and a bridge!" is what they call them.

Windows
Tower 1...about 40inches tall:)
Tower 2... right at 3feet.
They haven't asked where the bridge is yet...maybe I'll make one somehow if they ask?

 I can't imagine a 5 foot something boy around my house...but now I can document it as it happens!

In case you're interested...the materials I used were:
* Blackout blinds from IKEA. They didn't fit my windows and I didn't have the receipt to return them. I painted on the backside of the blind because the front has "cloth" on it and I though the paint might bleed.
* 2 wooden hangers, painted
* Leftover paint from painting our house
* Hot glue

3 comments:

Emily said...

Oh you're so crafty. Great idea, love the outcome!

Elizabeth Bradley said...

This is SO fun. Not at all what I expected, but every bit as cute as I knew it would be. I'm super impressed with your windows! :)

Laurie millican said...

Love it! U r so creative. The most amazing part of this whole post is the picture of u painting with a BUCKET of paint and a screwdriver on the table and the boys aren't trying to get into it. That wouldnt last 3 min in this house. Seriously cute growth charts! Laurie :)