Isaiah turned 5 months old. And really, can a kid get any cuter?
1- He's gone to the potty and pulled down his pants and stood in front of the toilet. No pee, but still. (he was copying his 3 year old friend Weston who I've been watching for a couple weeks)
2- He's even pulled his pants down to "pee on the bushes" like Weston does outside too.
3- Nearly every time he's pooped in the last 3 weeks or so, he's pulled his pants down/off afterward.
4- Then finally this morning he took his pants off then took his diaper off. Anthony put it back on, then Isaac took it off again. So I asked him if he wanted me to put it back on, he shook his head no, I asked him again, again no. Then I asked him, "Do you want Mama to teach you how to go pee pee on the potty?" to which he replied with a huge smile.
So, with a couple quick calls to some moms I trust (Thanks April and Heather!) we've begun potty training. We're gonna start with an underwear off approach, just so I can see when he starts to pee easier. So far he's helped me make tea (decaffeinated) and drank quite a bit, so we'll see! **Update 10 minutes later- after 3 small puddles on the tile and on the 3rd trip to the toilet we finally peed in the toilet! Then as I was typing this update, I looked up to see Isaac peeing on his wooden blocks. So we rushed again and he peed a tiny little bit more into the toilet. A pretty good start!**
Any other moms- especially with boys- please feel free to share your wisdom. I'm all ears!
4 comments:
haha! Aashini peed on her wooden blocks a few times too :) haha! Good luck! We still don't have night time down... i'm not a huge fan of potty training :) haha!
The 5 month pic rocks!
Not a mommy quite yet, but my mom used to draw "targets" on toilet paper and let Al practice shooting it. I've heard cheerios work well too :) Good luck!
Before I give you advice, I wanted you to know that I am friend of Laura Timmons...anyway, you might try Cheerios or something like it in the potty. Boys love the fact that they can shoot them down. Also, allow him to go to the store and pick out his favorite pair of big boy underwear (or a much anticipated toy), create a chart with stickers and tell him that he can have the big boy underwear after he has gone ____ number of days without any accidents (the chart will be a visual reminder of his progress). I am not a huge Pull-ups fan, kids learn faster when they feel wet and yucky. However, don't expect nursery workers to take your child to the potty every few minutes, that is a huge PAIN. Put him back in diapers for church.
Post a Comment