...and the i's have it!

...and the i's have it!

27 October 2009

Homemade Treat Holder

The last couple of weeks I've really noticed a very creative side of Isaac. I've said to Anthony several times, "Wait. Lets just see what he does." when Isaac looks like he's headed to do something he's not supposed to do or is just plain odd.

So. As a crafty kid myself, I figured it might be fun for Isaac to make his own Treat bucket for Halloween. I found some foam pumpkin and leaf stickers at Walmart and did an Easter-basket-esque rendition for his trick-or-treating purposes. He keeps finding the empty milk jugs beside the trashcan and carries them around the house... so I figured it wouldn't be a stretch for him to have fun with this little project.

Here in picture form is our creative morning. I put the camera on 10-second delay for some of them. Some of them are blurry... but fun nonetheless!
Washing the jug out. He particularly enjoyed turning the faucet on and off.Then came decorating with marker after I wrote his name on it...
Then naturally here's me rushing to wipe off the sharpie marker from the counter-top. (No worries, I got to it quick enough. Who's idea was it to give the 1 year old a permanent marker anyway?!)
To try and keep him focused on sticking the stickers to the jug, I tried putting them on him... but that just inspired him to try other things with the stickers instead! :)
Like for instance... He put a leaf on top of the pumpkin stem several times...He put the stickers inside the jug (which really makes perfect sense!) and then dump them back out again...And of course, he danced on them. He'd get them stuck to his feet then sit down, pull his foot up and look at the bottom of his foot at them. :)

The finished product looked great! Can't wait to see how he does trick-or-treating!

2 comments:

SouthAsiaRocks said...

yay! how fun! cool stickers!

Emily said...

What a great idea! That's fun that he's crafty. Hazel is not into crafts - anytime we try making cards or something together, she ends up whining, crying, playing with her toys instead, in time out, or all of the above.