For those interested, it's called a "LoftPouch" but it's locally made I think. From what I can tell I think maybe "Hot Slings" are pretty similar. The pattern looks just like our mesh sling and you put it on the same way. We like slings because they don't have buckles and straps and what not and can be folded (or wadded:) up and put in a diaper bag.
...and the i's have it!
28 January 2009
Sling with Me
I got a new sling! I like it. So does Isaac.
The other one we had worked great when he was still laying down in it, but to carry him like this was difficult and it really cut into the back of his legs. He's getting so heavy we needed help for when he doesn't want to be in the stroller or we need to carry him for long periods.
For those interested, it's called a "LoftPouch" but it's locally made I think. From what I can tell I think maybe "Hot Slings" are pretty similar. The pattern looks just like our mesh sling and you put it on the same way. We like slings because they don't have buckles and straps and what not and can be folded (or wadded:) up and put in a diaper bag.
Also, it was Chinese New Year and a Chinese lady (with whom Isaac was smiling and flirting) randomly gave Isaac some "Ang Pau"...which is an envelope with money. Isaac scored a 5-spot! Gong Xi Fa Cai to him! (Happy Chinese New Year)
For those interested, it's called a "LoftPouch" but it's locally made I think. From what I can tell I think maybe "Hot Slings" are pretty similar. The pattern looks just like our mesh sling and you put it on the same way. We like slings because they don't have buckles and straps and what not and can be folded (or wadded:) up and put in a diaper bag.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I'm curious about slings. I've never tried a real one. I've used the pre-made Infantino one that you just sling over your shoulder, but never just a piece of cloth that you strategically wrap and tie. It has always intimidated me, like a smaller baby holding sari. :) Anyway - are they easier than carriers like Bjorn or a Snugli? I LOVE the Snugli and think it's really easy to snap in place. But if you say the sling is even easier, I may have to borrow one and try it out sometime.
Yeah for Chinese New Year!! I remember watching and taping the really cool lion dance that took place up on poles last year at the mall. Hopefully little man was entertained by a dance this year, too! I'm amazed how welcoming and flirty he is with everyone he meets! What an ambassador he is for us! It will be so much fun to share him when he comes this summer. Hugs and kisses to all the family! Give our greetings to your neighbors in the kampung!
Go Isaac Go!!
We've been thinking about finding some kind of sling for older kids, but I think Aashini is jut too big for one now... how many lbs does your sling go up to? He looks happy in his little sling :)
1. LOVE the shorter hair! You just keep cuttin it off huh??
2. He's getting SOOO big! Can't wait to meet him
Delicious!! I love that big 'ol baby head stickin outta that swing! Yum-O!!
I will be squishin him and mushin him with my bare hands soon! Can't wait!
I love the sling...I will definitely have to look into hot slings...what is your material? silk? cotton? or the mesh? I definitely want the lightest fabric possible.
Post a Comment