...and the i's have it!

...and the i's have it!

07 December 2008

Isaac & Co.

Isaac can’t WAIT to walk.
He watches our neighbor kids outside playing with intensity. Our neighbors see him and say, “You need to learn to walk! You want to play!”
He’s getting closer. He’s now letting go of stuff and standing for a few seconds at a time. Very pleased with himself every time.
Here are some of his friends who he watches play (and who also come and sit with him in his room and love to play with him- and his toys).

Here is Freddie. Freddie is 9 and he loves to hold Isaac, although at all times it looks like he’s going to drop Isaac’s 20lb self.
Then there are Freddie’s younger brother and sister, The Fonz and The Fairy. The Fonz is HILARIOUS. He’s 5 and always has something obvious (but quite hilarious) to comment on. Like, one day I came to pick up Isaac from their house after language class (their mom watches Isaac) and he met me at the door with this bit of information:
The Fonz: “Auntie! Auntie!”
Me: “Yes”
The Fonz: “Today, Isaac tooted 2 times.”
Me: “Really?”
The Fonz: “Yes”
Me: “Did they stink?”
The Fonz: “No, but you could hear them.”

Then there’s his adorable little sister, The Fairy. She loves to put dresses on and always says to me, “Auntie. I’m cute. My dress is pretty.” And she’s right.

Then there’s their cousin. Houston. As in “Houston, we have a problem.”
In the picture above he has on his swimming shorts. But usually he’s naked. He frequently rides his bicycle while in the buff. I hope our neighbors never ask me why I don’t want Isaac riding that bicycle….

Anyway. These are some of Isaac’s neighborhood friends. They have just as much personality and uniqueness as every other kid in the world and the fact that our language ability is somewhere in the “Children’s Range” means we enjoy communicating with them because we can usually understand them. They are Isaac’s language teachers, too and we love that they speak only bahasa with him…mainly because that’s all they can speak. Good times in the village!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What adorable faces!! Looking forward to meeting this little neighborhood gang! But I think I might pick up some "Underoos" for little Houston first!!! I wonder if he'll be as excited to show off when he has his "special 12 year old" party??

Emily said...

That's so cool that he'll grow up learning such different things than kids over here. I can't believe Isaac weighs 20 lbs already!

SouthAsiaRocks said...

haha! That's fun :) Cool neighbors :)