Today we went to the post office to pick up a most anticipated package from America…
a box of maternity clothes!
I’d like to send a big “Thanks!” to GAP, Old Navy, and Motherhood Maternity for making wearable maternity clothes.
Also thanks to my mom for paying to send the clothes...USPS really needs to drop their rates.
Now as my body changes from a “young bride’s” to a “mommy’s” I can cover it with stylish clothes.
No shoulder pads.
No tapered leg pants (although some of the fashion world says they’re back in style…my hips beg to differ as they appear to grow several inches when ankles are slim…that and I had trouble getting my heels through my favorite pairs of BONGO jeans in Jr. High…I’ll stick to boot-leg thankyouverymuch)
No lace doily looking mom tops.
We also picked up a couple shirts and some fun blue capri’s in Cambodia.
They had legitimate American brand maternity clothes and I paid $11 for 3 pieces!
I think the Lord knew women would need a pick-me-up as their stomachs expanded, and hardly anything picks this lady up like a new wardrobe.
Seriously, I could get used to this.
New Baby
New Clothes
New Baby Clothes (can’t WAIT for that part! Too bad we don't know what we're having yet because there was a ton of cute name brand clothing for like $1 a piece in Cambodia)
Although Anthony knows I won’t get an entirely new wardrobe with each baby.
And that’s ok with me.
But still, this first time is great.
The only downer is that I have to wait a few more weeks to wear most of these things.
I can tell my belly is growing, but my pre-preggo clothes still do the job just fine.
Most of them are kinda baggy and ‘tunic-ish’ so no need to toss them aside just yet.
But when the time comes I’ll for sure be ready!
4 comments:
Sharon, you are so right about the postal rates, but hey, the packages do get there in less than 3 months and in pretty fair condition. I know you will enjoy them. You'll be such a cute mommy-to-be! Hope to see you in person in all your "glory" for verification!
Love you and miss you,
Mama
Sharon, you wouldn't be you without this amazing new mommy wardrobe- and yes, I agree, there is nothing better than something stylish to lift your spirits when those little tummy tattoos (ie- strechmarks) arrive! You're going to be so adorable!! Don't rush the belly bulge just yet- it'll come in all it's glory soon enough!
Awesome!! I LOVE the new clothes! Very fun!!! I'm sooo going to have to go to Cambodia just to get some baby clothes! Nice! I am JUST starting to really wear maternity clothes... I started wearing my maternity jeans at about 16 weeks, but I'm 20 weeks now and I'm just starting to wear the shirts... haha! Everyone is different though, you may need them soon :) How fun!! I love getting new clothes!!
Congratulations! I am so excited about the new addition to your family! I look forward to reading all about this new adventure. The three of you are in my prayers!!
Post a Comment