...and the i's have it!

...and the i's have it!

04 October 2012

The Middle is 3

 September seemed to creep by, but in that "tortoise and the hare" sort of way where the turtle keeps plugging along and suddenly he's won and the race is over.  If September was tortoise-y then I musta been the hare. The month felt crazy busy and I'm fairly sure my nap count rose to 2 over the course of the month. And even with all that time, I still never blogged. Meh.
Isaiah and September however, were in cahoots. My baby boy went and turned 3 years old. It's amazing what that year of 2 will do to a toddler! He's gone and gotten big. But I don't find myself freaking out about how old he is.

 Call it a case of the middles.

He's not the oldest so didn't have to forge the way into Three-dom. And he's not the baby so he won't be my last 3 year old. As a middle child myself I can see what a blessing it is to be a Middle-child. You get to age gracefully with all the joy and wonder of a new year with no one holding you back!

The celebration stretched out over a week. Isaiah was born on September 7. He was placed in our arms on September 11. And this year, the grand opening of Legoland in our city happened on September 15. So as you can see, what choice did we have but to do it up big and make it an 8-dayer?
McDonald's lunch. Fine cuisine chosen by the likes of a 3 year old.
 We went to Singapore too.
That place is full of free parks and cool stuff to see. (it's also full of really really expensive things too, if you're into that)
Like the light show at Marina Bay and walking around the huge gorgeous malls. We Rivers have long since stopped taking free air-conditioning for granted.

 Saturday rolled around and Legoland opened it's doors. To hear Isaiah say "Ego-and!" is just too cute. Maybe year 3 will hold the first consonants to all his words? Who knows? It WILL include learning to wipe his own rear-end and getting every last mile out of the annual pass to Legoland.



Thanks sweet boy for changing our lives forever! Happy Birthday!

5 comments:

Brandon and April said...

Happy Birthday sweet Zay!!! We're so happy to be a part of his life too and can't wait to see what the the year 3 holds for you!

Emily said...

Gah! That boy gets cuter and cuter!!

Elizabeth Bradley said...

Seriously. It does not seem that Isaiah is already 3! That means it's been nearly 3 years since we saw you last. Craziness. And I love the picture of him with his sister. Oh-so-sweet.

Grandmama and Grandaddy said...

LOVE YOU!! See you soon! We'll celebrate all over again!!

Martha said...

First of all, the wet hand prints picture is my favorite.
Secondly, 3? Can't be. I am pretty sure I will always see that beautiful brown-eyed baby as just that forever.