"...you can stretch right up and touch the sky..."
CH-ch-ch CH-ch-ch CH-ch-ch, uh
Ch-ch-ch CH-ch-ch CH-ch-ch, uh.."
Anybody else ready for summertime?
I know I know! It's ALWAYS summertime here.
The equator is like that (unless you're in Equador, ironically)
Why the giddiness?
Maybe it was the new plants?
Maybe it's the bathing suit I ordered online and hope and pray is gonna fit?
Maybe it's the 2 new pair of board shorts and cute infant girl's one-piece?
Maybe it's the smell of Australian Gold skincare products? (you don't know?! you NEED to know! Smells and scents are some of the strongest associations we have with memories. Go now, and get some, slather the pineapple-coconut-heavenly goodness all over yourself and your children every time you do something fun all summer...and then I dare you to squeeze a bit on your fingers in the dead of winter and tell me your toes and shoulders don't feel warmer.)
Maybe it's the internal clock of my childhood telling me summer break is nearly here (even though I haven't had a summer break since 1999)?
Or maybe it's the calendar, booked slap full of guests and of our summer travels from May-August?
Summertime!
"...Sing along with us
Dee dee dee-dee dee
Dah dah dah-dah dah
Yeah we're hap-happy
Dah dah-dah
Dee-dah-do dee-dah-do dah-do-dah..."
No comments:
Post a Comment